Careers @ Taxa
Customer Care Representative (Biosciences Graduate, Full-time, permanent)
Are you a bioscience graduate with experience in customer services looking for an interesting role? We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic individual to join our small team carrying out veterinary genetic testing for owners, breeders and vets.
Working for our Pet Genetics Lab brand you will answer our customers’ questions about genetic testing, problem solve, recommend the tests that will be best suited to our customers’ needs, explain their results and manage their expectations. You will use the knowledge gained in your degree alongside the veterinary genetics training we will provide to ensure that our customers receive a first-class DNA testing experience.
Taxa Genomics is a small molecular diagnostics company based in Onchan which is growing fast and has big plans. Our flagship brand, Pet Genetics Lab, has rapidly become the DNA testing service of choice for owners, breeders and vets in the UK. We are committed to providing them with cost-effective testing and first-class bespoke service.
Your duties will include:
- Answering the customer care phone line in a confident and professional manner
- Responding to emails from our customers
- Talking to our customers, eliciting information and solving their problems
- Guiding our customers towards the correct tests required for their animal and breed, based on your scientific knowledge and the training we will provide
- Booking in customer samples
- Managing and taking responsibility for coordinating retests and the resolution of testing disputes
- Liaising with laboratory staff to ensure customer testing requests are met where possible
- Producing concise summaries for inherited disorders and new tests
- Sending results to the Kennel Club
- Identifying new tests requested by our customers, highlighting efficiencies and identifying new markets
- Preparation of customer swab packs for dispatch
You should be:
- a graduate (or soon to be) in a biosciences subject. Applicants without a degree should elaborate on their degree-equivalent experience in their CV and cover letter.
- experienced in a lab, either through your degree or through your career to date
- resilient, confident and able to empathise with customers whilst providing first-class customer care
- able to deal with customers who have high expectations of our expertise
- able to explain complex scientific principles to customers with limited scientific background
Your application should be sent to email@example.com and should include:
- Cover letter, including your salary expectations
- You should research and produce a one-page summary of the canine B-locus
Deadline for applications: Friday 3rd July 2020
Please note, we do not accept approaches from recruitment agencies.
Undergraduate and postgraduate student placements
From time to time we may be in a position to accept undergraduate and postgraduate placement students who are undertaking a university research project. Please note that these projects should be part of your course and a university co-supervisor/PI will be required. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a potential project.
Work experience placements
All of our Year 10 work experience placements are coordinated through the employed.im work experience scheme. Please note that in 2019 we are not offering self-directed placements.